A few points that I have learned from the Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines are:
1. Printed materials may be copied but, only from legally acquired originals and only one copy per student. A poem less than 250 words, articles, stories, or essays less than 2,500 words may be copied. If a work is longer than that then only 10% or 1,000 words, whichever is less. Consumables may not be copied.
2. The use of a video for viewing may be used as long as it is legitimately acquired and used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
3. The use of video and music may be used only in portions of 10% or three minutes, whichever is less.
4. Broadcasts may be used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
5. Computer software may be used if legitimately acquired and only one machine at a time may use the program. The number of users at one time my not exceed the number of licences.
6. Images from the Internet may be downloaded along with sound files and video as long as they are legitimately acquired and properly cited and follow the guidelines of Fair Use.
End of the year
6 years ago